[prMac.com] Naperville, Illinois – Twocanoes Labs announces the release of Geohopper Beacon, a location-based messaging beacon package for iPhone. Geohopper Beacon includes the iBeacon-compatible hardware device, power adapter and Geohopper 2.0 for iOS app. Geohopper Beacons can be placed in the home, garage, office or anywhere to automatically send notifications when arriving or leaving.
Geohopper Beacons unite Apple’s iBeacon technology and proximity-based notifications in a single easy-to-use bundle. Using Geohopper 2.0 for iOS, a single tap configures the beacon which then sends notifications to your selected contacts when you enter or exit the beacon location. No additional setup or maintenance is required.
“We are excited to offer location messaging with beacons that is simple and secure to set up” said Twocanoes founder Timothy Perfitt. “Geohopper is a bundle of beacon goodness.”
Geohopper Beacons features:
* Supports iBeacons (iOS7 and later)
* Notify friends and family when arriving or leaving
* Send notifications to one or more people
* Full integration with Bleu Station beacons from Twocanoes Labs
* One-touch beacon setup
* Choose who to notify per location
* Supports both geo-locations and beacons
* Send notifications privately, securely and automatically
* Free built-in utilities to send webhooks and rss feeds
* Sleek new interface
* Battery resource-friendly
* Trigger home automation via notification
* Send Geohopper notifications to automation services like IFTTT, Zapier
* Available now at the Twocanoes Store and on Amazon
Geohopper 2.0 for iOS requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 6. Geohopper for Mac requires OS X 10.7 or later. iPhone 4 and later, iPad (Wi-Fi + Cellular), and iPad mini (Wi-Fi + Cellular). Receiving Geohopper notifications works with all iOS devices.
Geohopper 2.0 for iOS is now available for free on the App Store. Geohopper 2.0 is a major update and includes integrated beacon setup, new streamlined interface and is optimized for iOS 8. In addition, built-in RSS feeds and web hooks services are now free in Geohopper 2.0. Geohopper for Mac is also available for free on the App Store. Geohopper for Mac extends the Geohopper network and enables OS X to receive push notifications and automate scripts based on Geohopper events. Geohopper Beacons are available now on the Twocanoes Store and the Amazon Store.