“Enabled City constantly utilizes the newest technology available to improve upon and expand our services”
What is iBeacon?
iBeacon is a new bluetooth based system that pinpoints a mobile device’s location and upload’s that personal info such as their location and profile into to a network. It is a new technology that is being adapted and tested by many industries such as airports, airlines and commercial retail stores.
Ok, now what are its features?
- Micro Location – Pinpoints a user’s location indoorsor outdoors to a matter of a few centimetres. It is a vast improvement from GPS which relies on satellites.
- Mobile Beacon’s – Beacon’s can be other mobile devices, further improving the complexity of the network.
How can those features integrate with PhotoRoute?
- Advanced Navigation – iBeacon can completely upgrade PhotoRoutes basic features by providingreal-time indoor tracking info for user’s and lead them straight from the entrance of the stadium to their seats. We will be able to improve guiding features for people with disabilities. Visually impaired individuals will be able to have iBeacon track their location and provide well spoken directions and sensory information for them to get to their seats.
3D navigation (for different levels within the building) up stairs and escalators is now possible.
Because iBeacon is bluetooth technology bad service or wifi connection won’t affect the navigation.
- Stadium mapping – iBeacon will make it easy to create accurate stadium maps that customer’s can utilise from their phone.
- People mapping – iBeacon will enable stadiums to track people throughout the building and their uploaded personal information to generate demographic info for sections of the Stadium.
- Zone-based notifications and coupons – Once the mobile device gets inside a certain range of the beacons, it will get a generic notification. ex: Once you enter the stadium, you get a message that says “Welcome to the Stadium.” Such messages can be very useful in sending timely coupons to people when they near food or retail locations.
- Demographic-sensitive advertising that changes advertising to people in a certain area base on the majority demographic.
- Fan/safety and anti-riot/violence reporting – Fan’s will be able to report safety hazards or confrontations between fan’s of opposing teams in real time to Stadium staff who will be able to track the user’s location and appear on the scene quickly. A direct line of communication between customer services and fans.
Customer services will also be able to message fan’s directly with safety alerts and warnings based on events surrounding their locations.
- Personalized Customer Services – Fan’s in need will be able to connect with customer services directly for help.
- Can be basic help for direction’s or safety or health.
- Commercial services such as Food served directly to your seat so you don’t have to miss anytime during the game.
iBeacon technology works on Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), also known as Bluetooth Smart, compatible devices include:
- iOS devices with Bluetooth 4.0 (iPhone 4S and later, iPad (3rd generation) and later, iPad Mini (1st generation) and later, iPod Touch (5th generation).
- Macintosh computers with OS X Mavericks (10.9) and Bluetooth 4.0
- Android 4.3+ (e.g. Samsung Galaxy S3/S4/S4 Mini, Samsung Galaxy Note 2/3, HTC One, Google/LG Nexus 7 2013 version/Nexus 4/Nexus 5, HTC Butterfly)
- Windows Phone devices with the Lumia Cyan update or above. (reports suggest support is not included with Windows Phone 8.1)